Monday, July 14, 2008

Camping Trip






This past weekend Jer and I went camping at Hart Ranch in Rapid City with my parents, Alli, Jesse, Jansen and the twins (in utero). My parents brought their camper so we didn't have to stay in our tent. Generally I love tent camping, but the idea of crawling into a tent and sleeping on an air mattress just doesn't seem like fun at 30 & 1/2 weeks pregnant.

The last night camping was a little rough. I was dealing with acid reflux/heartburn all night long. But as I laid there trying to get comfortable and trying to get some sleep, I realized just how grateful I am. I wasn't really grateful about the acid reflux, but I was grateful that my babies were the main cause of the acid reflux and also the countless trips to the bathroom that night. I just laid there with a smile on my face most of the night as my babies made my belly shimmer and shake, which made my belly turn into all sorts of funny shapes. How blessed I am to have two healthy, squirmy babies growing inside. I truly am enjoying every moment, even if it comes with some acid reflux. Being awake during their active hours sure made me smile and in the midst of it I found myself falling deeper in love with these two babies of mine.

No comments: