Wednesday, March 3, 2010

18 months

Somehow a whole year and a half has gone by since the twins were born.  I am now starting to understand why parents all over the globe say things like, "My kids grew up too fast..." and "Before I knew it, my baby was getting married."  Okay so maybe my kids are not getting married, and they haven't even started school yet, but I have a feeling that if I blink too much those things will take place before I know it and I will be saying those very words I just quoted.  But for now, I will sit back and enjoy these early years, even if they are super hectic...and baby #3 isn't even here yet...*gulp*

Speaking of Baby #3 - We had our 29 week check up yesterday; we had an ultrasound to check to see if the placenta had moved (I started out with placenta pervia..my placenta was close to my cervix).  After about 30 minutes and both of my OB Doctors ending up in the room to do the ultrasound, we finally got good news: the placenta has moved and everything else looked good.  Our little baby boy is doing good, he's a bit of a mover and a shaker.  He's going to fit in just fine.

Joshua has finally traded his crawling in for walking - Yay!  For about a month he walked only when we encouraged him to do so or he'd walk with his little hand in one of our hands.  Over the last week he has been walking on his own will.  Once he gathered enough confidence and balance, he just took off.   It won't be long before he is running right along Saray.  I have to say I am quite relieved to see him walking.  He looks so proud to be walking by myself. 

Saray has reached that point of complete confidence in her walking skills.  She zooms around the toy covered floor totally bypassing every obstacles (some days there are several blocks, toy tools and books scattered just in the living room alone).   She often runs through the house and just squeals with delight. She loves being chased by Joshua, Daddy or myself.  She delights in fun. Oh, she LOVES to dance, and she's rather good.  I'll have to try and capture her dancing on video.

Putting on her hat all by herself...

Doing a dance move

He loves "dolls" (balls)
 "What?  I wasn't eating the green crayon..."

1st time finger painting (well mostly finger paint tasting) At least I made the finger paint so it wasn't a big deal if they ate a little...

Yes, Saray was eating the finger paint too.

A favorite past time for the twins...turning the lights and fan on and off over and over again.


I love Saray's expression while she's trying to color

After a little coloring, Josh became much more interested in ripping the paper.
  
 Saray enjoys coloring
  Daddy and Joshua reading a book

 











1 comment:

Emily and Michael Hall said...

Wow. They are so big! Glad to hear you are all doing well. :)