Thursday, April 3, 2008

Loving Every Moment...














I'm so in love with these babies that are growing inside my womb. I can't even begin to explain the love. I have been taking the time to sing to them, play my piano, read baby books and the WORD to them. What a joy they bring to my life, even now. Jeremiah is already just a great daddy to them. He loves getting right up to my belly and talking to them, telling them stories. He looks forward to feeling them move. Oh yes, the movement...These last few weeks I have felt tapping (have I mentioned this?), what an exciting thing that is! It makes everything even more real. Baby A is below my belly button and generally taps me on the right side. Baby B is just below my rib cage, this one seems to just be all over the place.

We had another ultrasound yesterday (April 2nd.) It always moves me tears when I see the babies moving around and hearing their little hearts beating a mile a minute. Yesterday was especially special for my Mother as she came along for the Dr. appt. She was so excited to get to the babies active instead of just in still pictures.

Both Babies are doing great. They are now 4 inches long from head to butt, so you think there is 8 inches of baby, plus their legs, no wonder I have been able to feel them moving! They were both kicking and showing off for us. Baby A is supposedly a boy (we'll have this confirmed at the next two ultrasound this month). Baby B had its hand between its legs as if telling us "Sorry, you're not getting a look this time!" So it's still a mystery. Jer and I think it's a girl. What do you think? I am doing well also. I have now gained 15 lbs since the beginning; I gained 5lbs in 2 weeks! Excellent!

We have two more ultrasounds scheduled for the month of April; the next one will be on the 15th and then we have a 3D ultrasound on the 28th. Oh how fun and exciting!

God truly is in the process of healing hearts, mine included. Back in Nov of '06 we lost our first baby boy at 16 1/2 weeks along; it shattered our hearts into a million pieces. But God is able to take anything and fix it for nothing is impossible with them. Yesterday was the 16 1/2 week mark for this pregnancy; getting to see our two little babies moving and thriving brought such healing to my heart. Even when we don't understand why, God does. He sees the BIG picture when we only see in part. What a great God!

Jeremiah got a few video clips from the ultrasound, you can watch them at www.dropshots.com/cmchapeau.

No comments: