

All of a sudden, Christmas is over. All the planning, wrapping and baking has come to an end and the Christmas tree and decorations are put away; it's all a little bitter-sweet. But I do enjoy having my house back to normal, with the toys in the playroom instead of in the living room. I can hardly wait to start planning for next Christmas. This year I had everything bought and wrapped by Dec 5th, but next Christmas I want to have everything done by the first and just do last minute wrapping and baking. I should shop all year for Christmas like my Mom does, instead of starting in November. I want the cost to be spread out a bit next year. Although, I did get most of the kids' clothes and a few toys for Christmas at garage sales, which I will do again for sure.
We had a very busy Christmas Eve and Day. Christmas Eve we attended a Christmas Eve service at our church here in town, although I spent most of the time out in the foyer with Saray as she wouldn't sit still (which doesn't surprise me). Then we headed out to my parents for dinner and a visit from Santa. Joshua was more interested in Santa's beard then the present Santa was trying to give him. Saray, on the other hand, wasn't so sure about the man in the red suit; from a distance she was a fine, but when it was her turn to receive a gift, she cried and screamed. However, she does know what Santa says, and proudly shares her knowledge. Christmas Day we had a small Christmas here at our place, then we headed out to my parents house for the day. Saray and Joshua would have been happy with just one gift, as it seemed that the whole "many presents at once" just overwhelmed them. We cut our day short as the snow was coming down and blowing around quite wildly. We really didn't want to get snowed in at my parents (would have been fun for awhile, but home is better, especially with little kids). By the end of the blizzard, we ended up with over 2 feet of snow here in Spearfish, and drifts were much higher (5 to 8 ft) in some areas.
Hope you all had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!






No comments:
Post a Comment