Friday, January 29, 2010

17 months



I feel as though I am falling behind in the blogging world, as I haven't blogged in nearly a month.  Maybe it's due to the fact that I have two 17 month olds that keep me running.  So much is happening, but at the same time I can't even put into words what really is happening and changing.  It's just the day-to-day routine that happens and that is what makes my month go by so stinkin' fast.
 I can tell you something new and exciting, Joshua has started to walk!    He's still more comfortable with crawling but he is becoming more confident with each passing day.  Each day he walks a little more, pretty soon he'll be running like Saray.  I knew he would walk when he was good and ready.  With his personality I figured he wouldn't walk til 17 or 18 months, so I was right on.  That's my boy.... :)  I am happy to announce that Joshua is nearly done with teething (for now...) He has all four of his 1 year molars and his last eye tooth is coming in.  I am hoping that his 2 year molars come in AFTER he is two, instead of before.  He is such a delight; he's very quiet and a bit passive, but very easy to entertain.  He is my easy child. 
 

Saray is very busy.  She runs whenever she can (especially during diaper changes) and walking is now a breeze for her.  She is a little jabber box, although, I still have no idea what she is saying.  Saray is a bit more of a handful than Joshua; she can throw quite the fit when things are not going her way.   We're trying to figure out the best way to handle those fits.  She too is a delight.  She is full smiles and hugs for everyone, including Joshua.  Oh, and she is no longer taking a pacifier at ALL!  Before she was using it at nap times and bed time.  After awhile, she started hunting for lost pacifiers under her crib, so I knew it was time to cut her off from pacifiers all together.  We just went cold turkey and within 3 days she was no longer hunting and throwing fits when I said no to a pacifier.  And within 5 days she was no longer missing them at nap or bedtime.  I am so glad we're done with that stage.  Pacifiers are nice when they are real little, but with age comes attachment, and that was one area I didn't want a real attachment.  On the other hand, I do not mind blankets or bears. 


 Baby #3 is growing and his movement is becoming more and more noticeable to the outside world.   Yesterday was the first day that Daddy felt continual movement from Baby #3, it went on for nearly 15 minutes.  I find that this little one's movement is different compared to the movement I felt with the twins.  Maybe it's due to the fact that this little one has a bit more room still at 24 weeks then Joshua and Saray did.  Oh for those of you who have not heard, Jer and I have decided on a name for Baby #3.  Since we know it's a boy we have decided to go with Grayson Carl.  The name Grayson just popped into Jer's head and it wouldn't leave no matter what other name we'd discuss.  After a few days of thinking on the name, I agreed.  The name Carl is after my late Grandpa Culver.  So there you have it, he shall be called Grayson Carl Chapeau.
Sorry I don't have a new belly bump photo; I feel as though I haven't even had time to think about taking a belly bump picture let alone taking some.  But soon there will be a photo...

Here are a few more pictures of Joshua and Saray.  Enjoy!
































































Saray had smeared her pudding all over, proceeded to even put her face into it.  After she was done having fun making a big mess, she signed "bath".  What a girl...



1 comment:

Emily and Michael Hall said...

Sounds like things are going well! I enjoy watching your kiddos grow up in pictures.