
Well, October is over and a new month has begun; this is my absolutely favorite season. Planning and decorating will be a bit interesting this year. How in the world do you put up a tree with a set of twins wanting to explore every inch of the glowing tree standing in the living room? I have a little over 3 weeks to figure it out.
Saray has just taken off with the walking thing this past week; she was walking off and on for the last month but just converted from crawling to walking. What a transition that is for her and us! She is showing signs of independence in all areas; she wants to wear her vest that is hanging in her closet, or she wants to wear a certain hat, or a certain necklace of mine. She is really starting to express likes in things she wears,. She's becoming a little girl right before my eyes. She also has a way of telling me what she wants to eat (if she can see it); she'll point at the yogurt melts and then sign please. She also pointed at a whole apple I was washing the other day and signed apple and please. I was a little hesitated to give her a whole apple, but she managed to eat 3/4 of the large apple for lunch. Amazing and I believe me I was quite shocked!
Saray just got tooth number seven and is working on number 8...
Joshua is hilarious with his signing, he studies your hands very closely and mimics very well. His latest thing is blowing kisses, he'll blow a kiss, but instead of actually making the smacking noise by kissing his hand, he clicks his tongue to make the smacking noise. Hilarious! The other day a friend of mine was visiting, she was telling Joshua that she liked his sweater, and without missing a beat (or having to be told) he signed "Thank you". Smart kid!
In the last month Joshua has become a little champ with eating solids (finally!!). He'll eat any table food now and has pretty much given up on baby food. He was eating some solids, but, was spitting food out at every meal (very annoying). Having both Josh and Saray off baby food makes life just that much easier for me. Although, I still haven't been able to sit down and eat breakfast with them. Soon enough. Joshua has shown no real signs up wanting to walk on his own (although he does enjoy cruising furniture and trying to keep up with Saray) but that really doesn't surprise me. He has been a late bloomer in just about everything, from lifting his head, to sitting up, to crawling. I am guessing that he'll be interested in walking in a few months. My bet is 18 months (which is totally in the normal range). I am realizing that each baby (even twins) has a different time table for EVERYTHING. And I am learning to be okay with that, even if every book and website says "Your baby should be doing this...blah blah blah". We are not robots.
Joshua is working on tooth 10, his second molar. The molars are HUGE and take so much longer to come through.
Nothing new on Baby #3 (I have an appt tomorrow.). I am currently 12 weeks along -yay! This pregnancy has been going well and I have some energy, most days. Morning sickness kinda comes and goes as it pleases; waves of nausea hit me most while changing the twins' stinky diapers. I am hoping that morning sickness will soon become just a faint memory, once again. I have developed a little bump already (no shock to me). I still haven't taken any pictures of the developing bump, but when I do, I promise to post.
It's still pretty hard for me to imagine what life will be like with twins and an infant. All I can say, I am super thankful that I had the twins first. Having one baby after having two babies will seem easy (so to speak).
Saray loves cars and bikes
Joshua and Saray jamming on the keyboard
Joshua loves playing at Gma and Gpa Culver's house
Saray walking all over
Joshua getting a ride on the car by Daddy
Snuggling the duck with Daddy
Saray tries to fit into everything, including tupperware










1 comment:
Those baby book time tables sure can bring on new parent anxiety! But parents know their babies best. :) I'm glad things are well on your end!
Post a Comment