Most days Joshua has a very decreased appetite. You would think he would be starving and dive right into the food that is before him, especially since I limit his milk/juice & snack intake to certain times and certain amounts. But nope. Most days it's a battle, "Josh, please take a bite", only for him to take a nibble, the smallest nibble imaginable, or he'll just lick something. Talk about frustrating for the parents, especially Momma.
I am learning to surrender my children to the Lord, but at the same time I really need the Great Physician's input and advice on what we should do for Joshua. It tears me up inside to see him lose weight, not be interested in eating (yes I know he is only 2.5 yrs old, you know what I mean). Most kids, eat one decent meal a day, but Josh will go days without eating at least one decent sized meal. I am praying this is just a phase and that we'll figure out how to help him.
I am beginning to wonder if he has an allergy to gluten or dairy, mostly due to the fact that he matches some the symptoms that are mentioned in regards to having a gluten and dairy allergy.
Symptoms he has been experiencing:
- decreased appetite
- irritability
- inability to gain weight
- thin arm and leg muscles
- growth failure
I plan on talking with his Doctor sometime in the very near future. In the meantime, I will do some more research. Pray for my sanity & patience in the midst of this season.
2 comments:
I understand the eating frustration and the not knowing if it's a phase or there is something wrong. Definite prayers your way. :)
Hello, I am a friend of Anny's. I am allergic to gluten as well. I had headaches everyday for years and stomach problems and irritability and had a hard time concetrating( among a ton of other symptoms) for years. I finally elimated gluten completely from my diet and within one week felt significantly better with no headaches. I strongly advise researching this further. I have found that more often than not, the doctors will say you are not allergic when trial and error proves you are. So do not get discouraged if a doctor rules this out. I will keep you in my prayers,
Chantelle Van Wyhe
Post a Comment