Tuesday, March 29, 2011

House Hunting Continues...

In my last blog I mentioned a great house in "The Reserve", which had not even been finished yet.  Well today, we backed out.  Some of the reason why we backed out was cause some people were saying we could get the house for less, $5,000 to $10,000 less (even though the house was LESS, way less. Although, the amount that we were willing to pay was still close to the amount it was listed for.)  So we figured, we could at least try and see if the broker would pay a couple hundred dollars more of the closing costs since we were not going through a Realtor, and in fact, we were actually saving him some $$.  But he was unwilling to bend.  So, we said our good-byes without signing a contract after all.

So, I am a little disappointed.  Okay, so maybe a "little" isn't the right word...I am extremely bummed and sad about the closed the door.  A few tears later (okay, a lot), I am pushing more into HIM and His perfect plans for this little family of ours.    For about a week there, I was in dream land, and boy, was I loving it.  But now it's back to reality.  Lord give me grace and a content heart to deal with all the things I currently hate about my current place (like the non-insulated interior door hanging as my exterior door, carpet, cupboards, tight spaces, etc...). 

House hunting SUCKS!  I commend people for doing it for fun - you are NUTS!  After only a few months of house hunting, I am already exhausted, my skin is in full zit, stressed-out mode, and my mind is on the non-stop track, even in my sleep.   Oh house hunting, you suck.

So, we are back to square one.  Does anyone have any leads in the Spearfish area?  We're looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom / 1 or 2 bathroom finished upstairs with unfinished basement, preferably with a 1 or 2 car garage.    Okay, God...we trust that you have something even better in mind for us.  Lead and direct our steps, please.  We cannot do this without you.

Maybe we should build our own place instead of buying from a seller.  SO MANY DECISIONS!!!  Ugh.  I am exhausted already.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Praying for you guys! We literally closed on this house two weeks before Fionn was due, and we were having a homebirth! So I understand your stress. The first house I fell in love with fell through too, and looking back I see our Lords hand in letting that happen so we could find the RIGHT place for our family. :) I know He has the perfect place for you guys. Hang in there! Before you know it you'll be packing up boxes and making a new home. :)