Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

Some things will never be the same, and you know what, I am okay with that.  Like the fact that I will never wear a "small or x-small" shirt again; my belly button will be a half-and-half until it changes again; I will never have a stretch mark free body again (the stretch marks are my badge of honor and the proof that I really did have kids.); my heart will never go back to it's "small" size either; from now on I will be known as so and so's Mommy.  I do so love it...when my kids crawl up to me just to have me pick them up; when I am sitting on the floor and my kids come sit in my lap; when they want me over anyone else in room; when they miss me and smile and giggle when I return; when they smile and giggle just cause I am Mommy.  Ahh, the joys of motherhood.  I sure do love it, even the silly little things.

Jer and I just returned from a short vacation to Vegas - what a wonderful break from everyday life.  We did so much during the 3 days that we were there; we went to the Shark Reef, The Lion King on Broadway, shopping, far too much walking.  The highlight of the trip was "The Lion King" show (I highly recommend it!).  But the absolute best part was getting back home and seeing our kids. 


The kids are on the fast track to growing up; they are becoming more and more independent and opinionated.  How do they change from little babies into mind-boggling toddlers so very fast?  I blink and they change.  I fear that I'll blink and they'll be going off to college.

No walking yet from the twins, although, Saray is very, very close to walking.  She walks everywhere with her car/walker, no wall or piece of furniture gets in her way.  She has taken a few steps on her own and often stands up and dances.  Joshua is still comfortable with cruising the furniture.  He is getting very fast with his crawling and can keep up with Saray these days.  It's so fun to watch them interact.

Now for some pictures:

Trip to Rapid City and Applebees













Hanging out at the campsite (just visiting Gpa and Gma)































Grandpa and Saray at the campground













Farewell party for my little sister Ana - She's in Hawaii with Youth With A Mission


















Spaghetti feast!


















Saray and the Great Outdoors

1 comment:

Emily and Michael Hall said...

Yes, I agree how fast things change. It's sad to say goodbye to the old, because it really was good. But I wouldn't trade what I have now for anything. It's pretty nice when things just keep getting better and better.