Friday, March 13, 2009

6 Months

It's been just over a month since my last post, sorry about that! It's been crazy busy here; the days fly by before I have time to think about what day it is. Our days seem so much more fuller, even though Saray and Joshua generally go down for the night between 7:30 -8:00. My nights are consumed with preparing a very late dinner for Jer and I, making baby food, washing/folding laundry and lots more dishes than before (due to feeding babies!). Once all that is caught up, the night is spent and I am ready to climb into bed, who has time to sit down and write a blog that doesn't sound all mumbled.
This past week Joshua has been sick with RSV, so he's been sleeping very poorly at night, so I haven't felt like I've gotten my break. We were hoping Saray wouldn't get it, but yesterday, sure enough, Saray was coughing and running a fever. Grr. When you have sick kids the days just seem extra challenging and more chaotic than you'd like them to be. More tears are shed, way more fussing to listen to, there are noses to wipe (which they hate), more clothes to change due to more bodily fluids than usual, more times to pump since they're appetites are decreased. Oh the wonderful, fun filled days (and nights!) when the kiddos are sick. Makes you really enjoy the days when they are healthy. But somewhere in the middle of all that, I find joy. The kiddos still manage to smile and giggle a little, which makes it a bit more bearable.

Saray has found her freedom in movement; she is rolling EVERYWHERE! She literally goes from one side of the nursery to the other and back again. She often finds herself up against the wall or an open door or the leg of a crib, at that point she looks at me and screams,as if telling me to tell whatever is in her way to move! Her song is..."I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it!" Saray is getting stronger; she is sitting up by herself for a few minutes and sitting up to reach a book if she is leaning against my chest between my legs.

Joshua is my mellow, mellow boy. He is such a snuggle bug, he would lay there and snuggle all day if you'd let him. He loves being diaper-free, he gets super excited and kicks his legs and just smiles and squeals with delight. He often gets a bit mad when you put his diaper back on and even his clothes. Joshua is rolling from his tummy to his back and is rolling to his side, but for now he stays where you put him. He is very ticklish, his feet his thighs his chin, sides, everywhere really. He has such a fantastic laugh, it's so contagious.

On Feb 28th, we all were in my sister Alesha's wedding. I was a bridesmaid, Jer was an usher, Joshua was the ring-bearer, Saray was one of the 3 flower girls. Joshua and Saray were pulled down the aisle in a red wagon. They were fantastic even though they were really tired. I don't have any pictures yet, but once I have some copies, I will post them.

I suppose you're wanting to see a few pictures, so here you go. Remember you can always view a ton of pictures of Joshua and Saray at www.flickr.com/photos/chapeaufour

This is what happens when you hit a spoon full of peas...

So serious sometimes!

Saray really enjoys balls

Super smile!

My first time trying to feed both of them at the same time,
they got a little messy, but now we have it under control!

Joshua - happy and mellow

Saray learning to sit up

Joshua - 6 months old

Saray always attacks Joshua

Saray - 6 months old

No comments: