Thursday, November 13, 2008

10 Weeks

This week I was a bit brave...my Mom, sisters Alesha, Ana and Alli, the twins and I took a trip to Rapid City to do some shopping. We were gone all day. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but it is when you have two little 10 week old babies that are nursing. I was a little worried about how they would do with all the coming and going but they did amazingly well. Joshua slept and slept, he didn't care so much about what was going on around him, he just loved the opportunity to sleep. He will sleep anywhere! Saray on the other hand was awake most of the day, including the trip to Rapid City. She didn't want to miss a thing, she was so tired but kept protesting sleep. I think she was learning how to shop for a good deal. We did a ton of shopping and we even went to Red Lobster for lunch...very, very brave.
I think the hardest thing about the day was nursing in public. I know it's legal, but the idea of nursing around strangers is difficult even if I have a cover over me and my baby. I was constantly trying to find a better place to nurse...I finally settled for a fitting room at the mall. Much better than nursing out in the open with people walking by. We automatically draw attention with two babies, that is something I don't want when I am nursing. But hey, we survived!!
Highlight of the trip to Rapid City: Running into our friends, the Church family and Jenny. I specifically prayed that I'd run into my friends...God must just love to see that smile on my face as He did it twice that day.

About the twins:
Saray is rolling from her back to her side on a regular basis now. She loves to interact with her toys with both of her hands. She is very, very smiley. She wakes up after a good nap super happy. I LOVE IT! I can't get enough of that smile of hers. Saray loves tummy time. She is lifting her head very well.
Joshua loves the bouncy seat; he is particularly fond of the little monkey that swings back and forth. He is really starting to smile with his whole face. His eyes light up now when he smiles, and sometimes he scrunches up his eyes, it's hilarious! He prefers his back over tummy time. He fights it big time. We need to work on that... He is changing and growing everyday. I love watching him learn.

I absolutely LOVE being a mommy...have I mentioned that before? Well, I do! Yes there are times when I am exhausted, but it's sooooo worth it! Thank you LORD for our double portion! You sure know how to give good gifts to your children....teach me to do the same.


Joshua and Saray

Aunt Ana and Saray - we hung out and fed/changed babies in the shoe department...haha, crazy I know, but you do what you have to...

Aunt Alesha and Joshua

Joshua just hanging out

I sure love being their Mommy...

She is full of expression...from huge smiles to huge frowns...

Daddy and Joshua

Mommy and Saray

This was one of those rare Saturday mornings where we all end up in bed together....I love those mornings.


I put Joshua down after his feeding so I could feed Saray, two minutes later I find him like this - he was out like a light...

We love the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", can you tell?!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I cannot get over how much Joshua looks like you and Saray looks like Jer. Haha! It's SO adorable!! It was great running into you too. I'm so bummed Cian had the sniffles. I CANNOT wait to hold the little ones!

About nursing in public... believe me, it gets easier. I used to be so self conscience... but then I got over it. It's feeding our babies, plain and simple. The stigma associated with breastfeeding has got out of hand in our country. I think more mothers should just do it up so people become more comfortable with it. That's my opinion anyway. ;-)

Praying for you guys!!

Jenny Sand said...

It was great running into you too Chels! Your babies are awesome and I knew you'd love motherhood so it's fun to read your blogs and see the joy you're experiencing...Love ya!