Sunday, July 15, 2012

Progress with Our Little Helpers

Jeremiah and I have been working diligently to get kids' new rooms finished downstairs.  It seems like it takes forever when you work an hour or two here and there, but progress IS progress nevertheless. 

Jer finished putting in all the trim in both rooms last night - hip hip hooray!!   What a big job.  Thankful that Jer is a super handy-man and also thankful for the all free matching trim from my Dad.  Next step: call the carpet guy and tell him that we're ready for him to come and do his job.  During the wait though we we'll finish filling nail holes, touch-up paint, put outlets in, put in the remain lights, put shelves in the closet, and hang the pull down blind. Oh and the twins' room still needs a shelf for the half wall and trim around that, again, one thing at a time.  

Looking forward to getting these rooms finished!  I am ready to work on the nursery, but currently that has to wait until the twins are out of their current room upstairs.  Still planning to have the 3 kids downstairs in their new rooms by the first week of August, so we still have a few weeks yet.  But, with each passing week(I'll be 34 weeks along tomorrow - Monday 7/16)  we get closer to the day our new little one will arrive, plus with each passing day my energy levels decrease, so normally I'm pretty EXHAUSTED by lunch time, especially on these extremely hot days (in the 90's and low 100's).  I really have to dig deep within to find spare energy to be able to get dinner on the table, kids in bed and put an hour or 2 into working on the basement projects.  Must. finish. well.  

 Anyway, enjoy the pictures of the progress of the twins' room and the pictures of our little helpers.  









No comments: