Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Time Flies...

Time flies...when you have a billion things to do!!  Holy smokes, you should see our to-do list right about now.  Summer always brings out the big projects with us, and this Summer is no different.  With Baby #4 on its way and due in August, we are cramming our days with raising three busy, entertaining children that demand a whole lot of our attention, along with that we are trying to finish up 2 bedrooms downstairs for Grayson and the twins.

Grayson's room has been "mostly" done for awhile, but the closet, built-in dresser, and carpet are a few things that still need to be done.  Once the carpet is laid and the closet door is hung, Grayson will have a new room to sleep in.  Our plan of attack is to move Grayson and twins into their new rooms the 1st of August that way they have time to transition to their new rooms before we add family member #6 to our everyday life.

Josh and Saray's room has come alive in the last 50 days - its transformation is amazing!  We are nearly finished with the painting of the walls, then its onto the carpet being laid (by a professional, thank goodness!) and doors all need to be painted & hung (4 doors to be exact), shelves for the half wall & and ledge for the window need to be routed, painted and nailed in place.  Oh and don't forget all the trim, make window coverings, forget that, I think I'll just buy a blackout blind for now.  Light figures and pictures need to be hung.  And the best part yet, bunk beds need to be put together for the little sleepers/jumpers Josh and Saray.

After all the furniture has been moved around, we'll be able to put together/organize the nursery which is near our room, currently it's Josh and Saray's room.  (Oh, you're probably wondering where Grayson has been all this time...he's been in our walk-in closet, perfect fit for a crib and a young one.)  Let's just hope that we can get everything, or almost everything, done before this baby decides to arrive!!  It's a race - will our projects be done before the baby arrives, or will baby beat our projects?!  Yikes! Talk about just a little pressure.

Baby #4 is quite active, but not as fierce of a kicker/puncher like Grayson and Saray were.  Praying that means the temperament of this little one will be easy-going.   I hit the 30 week mark on Monday (June 18th) - hard to believe!!  I am at the point of having doctor visits every two weeks (We have 3 OB doctors, so there's a rotation visit schedule).

All I can say is that I am so thankful God knows what our family needs, and I know that this little one will be a great addition to our already great family.  I am also thankful that I am not called to do anything on my own strength...it's a good thing, cause when I think about doing it in my own strength I mildly freak out.  I think God knows I need a good and solid reason to sit several times a day to nurse after the baby arrives...right now I hardly get the chance to sit and rest my feet (#1 cause for the varicose veins I am dealing with.)

Big news: I am turning 30 on July 2nd!  The country is celebrating with me by shooting off plenty of fireworks, having a few parades and bringing in the carnival.  ;) Lucky me!  What a big birthday celebration!!  My kids are super excited for my birthday, mostly due to the fact that it means they get to ride on the carnival rides, watch a few parades, eat a few extra pieces of candy, and stay up late and watch the firework display after the evening dusk.  Oh, one must love a birthday around the holidays.  ;)

Farewell 'til next time!  Happy 4th of July!

I leave you with a few pictures of the kids...
Grayson - 2 yrs old

Grayson biking with his cousin Tristan

Grayson and Josh

Saray - 3.5 yrs old

Gray and Josh...what a picture!

Joshua - 3.5 yrs old

Grayson and his new style.

Baby bump (28 weeks) and Saray

Saray loves worms, ladybugs, grasshoppers, butterflies, and more.





No comments: