Monday, April 16, 2012

A Little Conversation

The other day before our 20 week ultrasound, Saray and I had a bit of a chat.  It was mostly a series of questions asked by me and answered by my 3.5 year old, Saray.

Mom: "How does a baby get into a Mommy's tummy?"

Saray: "God puts it there."  (Why of course!)

Mom: "How does God choose which baby to put in Mommy's tummy?"

Saray: He goes to the babies store and looks around to see which baby will go best with Josh, Grayson and me."

Mom:  How does a baby get its food in Mommy's tummy?"

Saray: "You (Mommy) take a bite and then the baby eats it, like a baby bird."

Mom: "How does the baby get bigger in Mommy's tummy?"

Saray: "It just grows."

Mom: "Is the baby in my tummy a sister or a brother?

Saray: "It's my baby sister, you know."  (She knew all along, and even told us so in a-matter-fact kind of way, every single time we'd ask.)

Mom: Who will teach this baby how to walk & talk?"

Saray: "Me, of course!  I can't wait to teach her how to walk at the hospital."  Oh dear...

And that about sums up that little conversation.

-----------------


I love conversations with my kids, they make me laugh and they make me think, they challenge my faith to be more child-like, simple and steadfast.  God teach me how to be more like my children ...teach me Lord to be steadfast and unmovable when I know I've heard your voice.  Teach me to how be more carefree, lighthearted and to laugh with ease.

No comments: