Friday, March 9, 2012

Baby #4 and Heart Thoughts

Life is flying by, and so is this pregnancy.  I blink and a few weeks go by before I realize what week I am on.  I recall having this feeling when I was pregnant with Grayson, but this pregnancy seems to be flying by even faster, maybe it cause I hardly have time to stop and really think and ponder like I did with my past pregnancies.  But even with all the busyness, I am trying my very best to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy as I know before long I will blink and I will have another kid nearing his/her second birthday or nearing his/her 4th birthday!  

The twins, especially Saray, are really enjoying watching my belly grow.  Saray, from the beginning, has stated that the baby growing in my belly is a girl.   I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she is right on with what God has hidden from our eyes for now.  Next Month on April 11th we'll have our 20 week ultrasound - I can't wait!

Between now and April 11th, we have a lot going on.  In just a few short days I leave (yes, just me) for 5 days!  I am headed to Arizona to visit a friend and to take a much needed vacation.  I wish Jeremiah could come with me, but someone needs to hold the fort down.  He is willing to take the 5 days off from work and he's willing to watch the 3 kiddos.  Wow, what a guy!!!  Maybe some men would be scared out of their mind with the idea of watching 3 kids, taking care of the house and cooking meals, but Jer, he's pumped and excited with 5 days with the kids, all to himself.  But if you think of him, pray for him, and the kids.  It's a big job to watch any number of kids, even if they are your own, for any amount of days.  I even get weary and wonder if I am cut out of the job...so keep my little family in your prayers.  And pray for me, that my spirit would be refreshed and renewed.  My biggest prayer is that GOD would burn in me a new vision for the upcoming season(s).  I feel like I have been running on empty, or at least close to 1/4 tank full for the last few years.  I need this, and God knows that.  I want to hear what He has on His heart for my family and for this season that is lies ahead.  I am so incredibly thankful for His constant grace and mercies that are new with the rising sun, this keeps me running.  But I need more than that, I am tired of just getting by, I am tired of just thriving and striving. I need a new revelation of what it means to really step into His peace and rest.  I know that the Cross is a mystery door, and on the other side lies freedom from striving and it's a place of abiding.  I am so thankful that with the crucifixion of Christ (and resurrection!), I was also crucified, and therefore I don't have to abide by the striving rules that the law forces.  And with that in mind, I ready for my 5 days to focus my eyes on HIM alone and to have my heart renewed with his vision for my life.

Oh!  On April 9th we will be celebrating Jeremiah's birthday!  What a special man we get to celebrate!  How blessed we are to have him apart of our family.  We love you, Jeremiah!


Song - Do Everything - By Steven Curtis Chapman

1 comment:

Emily and Michael Hall said...

Enjoy the break and time to let your batteries be recharged. :) Prayers for you all! :)