Friendship is a beautiful thing. And sometimes I feel I don't treasure it enough. But this past weekend a dear friend of mine came to visit and I did my best to enjoy it all. This friend has spent countless hours praying for me and with me during seasons of heartache and miscarriages. If I needed prayer she was eager to seek God with me and for me, and for that I am forever grateful for.
My kids love her; Saray was her shadow the entire time and Joshua found his hand in hers more on the second day. Grayson loved interacting with her at the dinner table, he would ham it up just for her. We decided it was a good idea to adopt her as "Grammy". Why not, my kids absolutely adored her, just like their other grandparents. Plus, you can never have too many grandmas and grandpas.
We were all a bit sad when she left to head back to Arizona, but we know there will be more visits in the future. Until then, thank goodness for Skype, emails and phone calls.
I do treasure my friendships...each and every one of my friends. I am so richly blessed. I couldn't possibly ask for better friends to share this life with.
 |
| Puzzle time |
 |
| Afternoon spent at Roughlock Falls in Spearfish Canyon |
 |
| Lael and I |
 |
| The kids were giving Lael gifts: pine cones, wild violets, imaginary rocks and a leaf. |
 |
| Josh bringing his imaginary rock. Which by the way, did exist but it was just too heavy for him to carry. |
| | | | | | | | |
| Making (and tasting) cookie dough. | | | | | | | | |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment