How in the world can a soccer field & a few balls make an evening special? By spending it with your kids and spouse.
We finally decided to take the kids over to the soccer field that is just a short walking distant from our house. The kids LOVED it! Especially Saray, she would run and kick that ball all the way into the "met" (net). Her hand and foot coordination amazed me. She is my little sports fan (any sport with a ball she loves.) Grayson and Josh enjoyed themselves too. Grayson chased his red ball around in the poking grass (no complains were made by him about the grass, amazingly) or pushed the stroller around by holding on the basket near the ground. Josh mostly held onto his blue soccer ball and stared at the big truck that was being cleaned just beyond the fence. Occasionally, he would put his blue ball down and kick it around.
Isn't it funny how kids can be so very different even though they are siblings (or twins)? Even though I know that each one of my kids is an individual and unique, I am still always amazed at how different they really are. And I love their differences; I love that Saray has shocked us by being a sports fan. And I love that Josh would rather play with tractors and trucks than kick a ball around. And I love that Grayson doesn't mind the poking brown Spring grass that he has to crawl around on to get to center of the fun. Watching them become more aware of themselves is so enjoyable. I love exploring the world with my kids...please don't let me forget to enjoy these days...
 |
| Grayson loved chasing after his ball and his siblings |
|
 |
| Joshua mostly just watched, but still had a great time |
 |
| Grayson having a blast |
|
 |
| Saray setting her ball in place so she can kick it into the 'met' (net) |
 |
| Grayson & Daddy |
 |
| Mommy and the Twinkies |
 |
| Hugs on demand...Love it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment