Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bath Time, Bed Time and Everything Else in Between

Most of my days are consumed with bath time, bed time and everything else that is related to my kids.   I run from one thing to the next, or from one request to another, I hardly have time to breathe, and that is what's it's like when my kids are HEALTHY!  Triple the work when everyone is sick. 

From the moment my kids rise I am on the go, period.  There's always something to do, or someone to care for.  There are baths to be drawn, books to read, fights to referee, clothes to be washed, folded and put back in drawers before the laundry bin is tipped over or little hands get a hold and undo the work that has been done, boo-boos to be kissed, kids to hug and kiss....and that is just the tip of the iceberg!   

A mother truly does have to be willing to give and not expect to receive anything in return.  Oh and you must learn to juggle about 10 things at one time, especially when it comes down to meal time.  All of a sudden my kids start fussing and I haven't even thought about dinner, which then leads to a mad dash to the kitchen to prepare a meal for little mouths.  At that very moment everything puts a demand on me: the oven is beeping, the stove top is trying to burn whatever is on the burner, the kids are now screaming and fighting, Grayson is crying cause he's hungry too, and my own tummy is growling, oh then the phone rings. While my whole little world is making loud requests and demands, I am tripping over toys that have found their way to my kitchen (in my own little perfect world, toys would not be allowed in the kitchen, period, especially those with wheels or little balls.) 

Right then and there with all the loud noise and all those iron rods in the fire, I stop, and just breathe in the strength and grace of the Lord.  In the midst of the craziness I am reminded that I am a servant of the Most High GOD and I am doing all this work onto HIM alone.  Wow, am I ever so thankful for the quiet whispers from God.   I am reminded also of the days where I longed for days like these, well maybe not EXACTLY, but I did long for the sound of pitter-patter from little feet running throughout the house and for the little ones to raise and help fill my days. 

Lord, keep that memory of that longing at the forefront of my mind, especially when I am being pulled in several different directions at once and tripping over toys that I just want to throw away that very moment.  What an honor it is to be servant of the Most High God and also to raise little people into men and women of God.  Thank you for your constant strength and grace in my life.  You have given me the greatest, and most challenging job out there, and I realize day in and day out that I cannot do this by myself.   I am so blessed to be called Mom and Servant of God.