Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Joshua and Saray!

2 years ago we were just beginning this new journey called parenthood, parents to twins, nonetheless.  I can still remember being at the hospital, recovering from my vaginal delivery and c-section, staring at my two beautiful babies in our arms.  I was had a mixture emotions that I was feeling, from being nervous, excited and overwhelmed with the idea that I was going to be taking these two very helpless babies home.  I wondered how in the world I would get through the early days of nursing two babies...
But here we are, 2 years later, well adjusted to life with twins (and Mr. Grayson, the 3rd baby).  We survived the sleepless nights, learning how to nurse two babies (this is by far a lot more challenging than just nursing one baby) and still have a life, how to manage a decent sleep schedule...all our hard work is paying off...and now we are headed into the the toddler years.

It seems like since their birthday(s) they have changed, how, I can't really put my finger on it, maybe it's just the fact that they are 2 now.  They sure are little explorers.  We ended up going on a hike thanks to Joshua's leading and the kids have inspired us to go and do things that we may not normally do if we didn't have two (three) little sponges.   We have gone to Reptile Gardens twice this Summer and plan on making at least 2 more trips.  The kids absolutely love the snakes, alligators, lizards, and birds.  I also find myself more willing to get the mixer out more often (Joshua and Saray's absolute favorite kitchen tool) just to watch the kids get all excited and full of smiles.
One sure can learn a lot just from being with a child...I wouldn't trade my kids for anything (I may be willing to trade the tantrums though).
There is so much whirling around in my mind about the kids, I can't quite find the words to describe my heart's thoughts.  All I know is that these past 2 years have been so full of God's blessings and I am rediscovering the world around me through my kids' eyes.  Children truly are a blessing from the Lord. 

No comments: