Joshua and Saray are doing so well. Each day reveals something new to the kids and I see things in a new light through the kids' eyes. It sure is a joy to be able to be at home with the twins everyday (even on the crazy days as long as I get a break...) Saray is such an explorer; she can make her way up and down the one stair we have so she now has full access (or almost full access) to the whole house. Nothing stands in this girl's way, not even a nearly closed door or a toy, she just pushes it out of her way and off she goes. She is currently really enjoying books/flashcards that are touch and feel, she'll lay there and study them for quite sometime. We loves to explore through touch. Saray is now pulling herself up in her crib and she is working on pulling herself up against the furniture as well. She started walking along the furniture just last night (yikes!). I wonder if she she'll be walking on her own by her 1st birthday, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Joshua is such content boy; currently he spinning on his tummy, rolling and scooting backwards on the floor. Although yesterday he seemed to get a little frustrated when something was out of reach in front of him. He would get all stiff, then he's start to scream and yell as if trying to tell his body to move or maybe he was yelling the toy. Either way I think he is starting to want to move like his sister does. He gets quite mad when I try and help him get up on his knees into the crawling position, he wants to do it himself and he makes it very clear too. Joshua has a very long attention span, he can study one simple toy for up to 45 minutes. He looks at it over and over and over again. So amazing to watch the kiddos learn about our world.
We have lots going on this summer, lots of trips to the water park of course, maybe a camping trip (if we can find a bigger tent), flying to Alaska for a family reunion. Yep you heard me, FLYING to AK, WITH the kids. Should be very interesting. Long, long days of flying and then driving, but I think it will be worth it. I am just praying that the kids handle the flying and being away from home and our normal schedule. I am also praying I have wisdom on how to pack for a 10 day trip and how to handle the kids while flying and while we're there. Part of me thinks I was insane to agree to this whole thing....enough said!
Anyway, that's enough for one blog. I need to get some things done around the house while the twins are taking their naps.
Enjoy the Summer days and the pictures I have posted.
Saray - 9.5 months old
Joshua - 9.5 months old
Josh and Saray - 9.5 months old
Joshua spent countless minutes playing with these stacking bowls
Molly, Josh and Saray after swimming at the water park
"Look at me, I'm standing!"
Joshua and MommyFather's Day Picnic
Saray and Daddy
Joshua and Saray playing (Saray in the business of taking Josh's toys...)
Playing in boxes
J-man's camera smile
Saray's latest expression
Playing outside
Saray is aiming for Joshua's hat...
Love the Hug!
Saray and Joshua
No comments:
Post a Comment